The wellness of members has always been at the heart of every union's work.
We developed EWSP to protect members from political attacks on sick leave and to ensure every member has the sick leave they need when they need it.
EWSP is our solution. We developed it and negotiated for it. It’s our win.
This program ensures members will immediately have access to 26 weeks of sick leave at 100% income replacement for each illness. Sick leave will be available when you need it, as often as you need it.
EWSP will include:
- 26 weeks of paid leave with 100% income replacement
- 3 day paid qualification period for short-term disability benefits
- 9 fully-paid sick days
- 3 day carryover of unused sick leave days
- qualifying chronic or episodic illnesses will be exempt from the waiting period
- travel time for diagnosis and treatment
- an employee on the EWSP leave will be considered to be on leave with pay
- full costs of administering the EWSP will be borne by the employer
- family-related leave will increase by one day
All eligible members will vote on the ratification of EWSP this fall.
Sign the pledge now and commit to vote yes for EWSP!
For more information on the Employee Wellness Support Program please read the FAQs.